LEEWARD SOLUTIONS, LLC
COMPETENT, CLIENT-ORIENTED CONSULTATION
ECOLOGICAL RESTORATION DESIGN and BUILD
ON-SITE ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
Click on the HIGHLIGHTED PHRASES below to see a description of services and information about each area of service.
- PRAIRIE STRIPS INSTALLATIONS: in-field native plantings to address erosion/runoff, nutrient loss, and related problems in crop fields.
- FLORISTIC SURVEYS to determine plant species on a parcel and/or evaluate population size.
- STREAM ASSESSMENT and RESTORATION DESIGN: qualitative and quantitative evaluations of channel condition, riparian area, stream flow, sediment movement, and other geomorphologic and hydrological features of a creek or river.
- QUALITATIVE ASSESSMENT OF ENDANGERED SPECIES HABITATS.
- LAND MANAGEMENT and ECOLOGICAL RESTORATION PLANNING for all major ecosystems in Iowa: prairies, savannahs, wetlands, and woodlands.
- Development of cooperative agreements to leverage program funds and adjacent landowner involvement.
- MANAGEMENT PLANNING FOR USE OF PRESCRIBED FIRE, including equipment, safety, field preparations, and Day-Of procedures.
PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS on any topic related to Leeward's service areas and on related topics in ecology.
Copyright 2012-2021 Leeward Solutions, LLC, a business located out of Marshalltown, IA. All rights reserved, including for images and text on the site, except as noted.